Get the Point Ltd is Philip Immirzi (formerly MCIEEM CENV). Helping anyone who has ideas that they wish to assess, develop or evaluate, big or small, anywhere in the project cycle. Philip was a Chartered Environmentalist and Full member of the Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management and completed an MBA in 2004-5, with options in Strategy, Finance, Creativity and International Development. He also holds Certificates and Diplomas in management. Get the Point was originally formed to propel the UK’s first online green reward programme, but that was then.
Philip now likes to help anyone looking to leverage bigger change than their tight budget would normally permit.
Some of the things he like to do:
- quantitative and qualitative research / find out fast, using a wide repertoire of professional tools
- evaluating and assessing anything to do with the environment (and ecology), sustainable development, policy, and organisational management
- troubleshooting and analysis to get to the bottom of a problem or an issue … especially intractable ones
- data exploration, making sense out of messy data sets
- cutting out bureaucracy, but without muddling your business processes
- resuscitating broken projects and programmes
- closing down projects that are past their use by date
- using ICT more effectively, without this costing you an arm and leg
- get you working better with online tools, virtual offices, collaborative software, social media
- writing stuff up, convert your messy results, mission or objectives into something more engaging, persuasive and cogent
- communicating better, using open-source software and social media to get an extra bit of edge
As well as developing that innovative online green incentive scheme, Philip has:
- advised Government on sustainability in the context of Structural Funds,
- run a feasibility study for hyperlocal hydrogen storage,
- helped Social enterprises get their ducks re-aligned once the initial enthusiasm has waned and cash has started to run out,
- written up Climate Challenge Fund reports, and advised on the latter,
- website mapping projects in the transport sphere,
- introduced Google Apps and document sharing to small organisations,
- created a local multi-user web publishing platform for community groups, and
- set up a community mapping service
- was instrumental in a Zero Waste Communities .
What is next?
Philip has wide experience of environmental and related research for policy, data gathering / exploration and formal survey methodologies that require a confidence interval.
He has used these for over 30 years in social, environmental and management studies in a diversity of cultural contexts from Europe to the Far East.
Philip has published over 20 articles, reports, peer-reviewed articles in journals, reviews and book chapters and has many more unpublished reports to his name, including 100s of blog posts on dozens of blogs, under various psuedonyms.
In his spare time Philip helps community projects, often behind the scenes. He is an advocate for conservation in the built as well as the natural environment, loves restoring old houses and furniture (but needs a shed), entertains guests from all over the world in his holiday accommodation and home, makes pointless videos and music for fun, and blogs about most of these things and much more.
Research & Analysis – finding out fast using a wide repertoire of tools
Problem solving and innovation – creative responses to difficult situations
Programme / project / policy analysis – design and development / management and rescue
Organisational development and change management – the right medicine probably isn’t off the shelf
Management advice – for small business / startups / social enterprise and beyond
Get the Point Ltd Registered address:
29 High Street
Registered in Scotland No. SC 308321
C/O Douglas Home & Co, Chartered Accountants, Kelso Office, 47-49 The Square, Kelso, Roxburghshire, TD5 7HW
GTP has Public Liability Insurance and Professional Indemnity of £1m and £0.5m respectively.